once upon a time these two people joined their lives

once upon a time these two people joined their lives
Love of my Life

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Update on Avery Marie!

Avery went in for her surgrey last week..It was a real battle through the whole week having to tell her its back to the hospital..She doesnt get why everyone else doesnt have to go but her! So during the ride there everytime we got to a stop light she would say " Can it turn green already" or stop sign " Can the people hurry" She was in a hurry to get it over with, I would just laugh. She was pretty good just anxious up until they got her settled in & gave some medicine through her mouth to relax her..We went off to surgrey as I held her hand & set with her beside the hospital table getting the iv started. I knew in my mind this was the worst part I had always hated. I didnt want to cry b/c I wanted her to know mommy was strong! The meds started kicking in where she felt like she was falling, so she started fighting them. She could not keep her eyes on me or anything..I just kept rubbing her hair trying to keep her calm.At a few points my heart just felt her pain & I told all 6 people in the room how hard this was for me.Finally after about 30 minutes her blood pressure calmed & oxygen was good they decided to put the meds through the iv also. That was like a relief to me knowing she could finally rest & mommy could too..I left went out to the waiting room with my grandpa & aunt while we waited..Patiently we waited a hour in a half then the doc came out & told me they found some little spots inside that they biopsy to make sure they were cancerous esc...no ulcers or polyps which was great..She also retested her Crohns & tested for celiac disease..We got to go home that evening..She has done good this past week went to school & now we are just waiting on the results from it all today...So I am waiting & praying for good results..Its hard to tell a kid when they said I dont want to ever do it again after having colonoscopys done 6 times only being 6..I didnt want to lie but I did say " Avery its something you will have to do once a year & mommy knows its hard but with your disease you have too"

No comments:

Post a Comment